|Date of Manufacture||1972|
|Total Time since New||approx 4,490 hrs|
|Engine Type/Model||Pratt & Whitney J52-P8B|
|Takeoff Thrust Rating||9,300 lbs|
|Engine Total Time||6,700 hrs|
|Last Inspection Hrs/Date||6,700 hrs/08July2005|
|6,700 hrs/08July2005||6,700 hrs/08July2005|
|Component/Limiting Time Remaining||RR Cmprsr Turb Shaft/455 hrs|
|Engine History/Maintenance Records||Supplied - on CD|
|Last Maintenance Facility||SAFE Air Ltd, New Zealand|
|Last Inspection||750 hr MEI/SAFE Air Ltd|
|Engine Condition||Serviceable - SAFE Air Ltd|
Aircraft Refurbishment and Inspection Details
- Complete Overhaul/IRAN.
- Unnecessary equipment removed to reduce the empty weight of the aircraft.
- Wing X-ray and visual inspection per McDonnell Douglas/Navy Maintenance Manual - report included.
- Forward Fuselage section inspected - all major components removed for overhaul and NDT inspection - reports included.
- Wing components removed for overhaul, NDT and visual inspection.
- Aft fuselage section X-ray, overhaul to TA-4 specification.
- Aft fuselage section components removed for overhaul, NDT and visual inspection - reports included.
- All wing and tail bolts and bushings inspected/magnafluxed - reports included.
- Pitot Probe relocated to vertical fin per Navy ASC. Pitot-Static hoses/lines replaced.
- Hydraulic System - All components removed/overhauled/tested. All system fluids flushed and replaced.
- All Hydraulic System filters cleaned and/or replaced - aluminum fittings replaced with stainless steel.
- Electrical System - nearly every wire replaced, marked and installed per Navy Maintenance Manual electrical schematics. Unecessary (bombing/targeting etc) electrical components removed.
- Fuel System - all components removed/overhauled/tested or replaced as required. Integral wing tanks pressurized and leak checked.
- Borescope of Engine - report included. Engine history/records included.
- Complete Landing Gear overhaul.
- New Nose and Main Wheel Bearings.
- New Nose and Main Wheel Tires.
- New Brake Pucks.
- Complete cockpit refurbishment and detailing.
- All warning lights, switch nomenclature, and required placards remarked with original silkscreen backlit panels.
- Paint: Complete strip, etch, prime and paint to buyer's color specifications included.
- All markings and decals applied.
- All screws and fasteners cad-plated or stainless.
- Dash-1 (NATOPS Flight Manual) - included (CD).
- TA-4J Aircraft Pilot's Checklist - included.
- Complete Maintenance Manuals included (CD).
- Includes FAA approved Maintenance Manual.
- Aircraft weighed and a new weight and balance prepared.
- N518TA will be delivered certified for flight in the Experimental-Exhibition Category.
- Ground and flight training is available by an experienced and certified A-4 examiner. Minimum checkout time is 10 hours. Cost not included in price.
Avionics Package Included in Price
|1||Collins||AHS1000S||Attitude Heading Reference System|
|2||Collins||VHF22||VHF Communications System|
|1||Collins||VIR32||NAV/GS/MKR Navigation System|
|1||Collins||TDR94||Transponder - Mode S|
|1||RC Allen||RCA26BK9||Attitude Indicator (Aft Seat)|
|1||Sandel||SN3500||EHSI (Aft Seat)|
|1||Sandel||SG102||AHRS (Aft Seat)|
|1||Honeywell||KMD150||MFD (with GPS)|
|2||Comant||CI108||Com Antenna (high speed)|
|1||Comant||CI 105||Transponder Antenna|
|1||Comant||CI 120GS||Nav/GS Antenna|
|1||Comant||CI 507||NAV/GS Diplexer|
|1||Comant||CI 110-40||DME/Transponder Antenna|
|1||1||Comant||CI 110-40||DME/Transponder Antenna|
|2||Davtron||M877B||Chronometer/elapsed time indicator|
|1||Davtron||M803||OAT / Voltmeter|
- 679gal/4583lbs internal fuel
- Flight Hour Recorder
- Dual Controls
- Avionics Master Switch
- Oxygen System xx cu ft.
- Emergency Locator Beacon
- Standby Attitude Indicator
- Ground Service Plug
- Standby Generator (RAT)
- Available options
- Strobe lights.
- Ejection seat made operational.
- Available options
Weights and Loading
|Weight in Lbs|
|Approximate Empty Weight*||10,000*|
|Max internal weight||24,500|
|Max internal and external fuel using 2 x 300 gallon Aero 1-D wing tanks||8,633|
|*Empty weight depends on avionics installed|
Fuel Load (useable)
|2 x 300 Gal Under Wing Tanks||600/4,050|
Basic Performance Data (for a/c weight 16,000lbs)
|Maximum level speed||660 Kts/.95M|
|Stall Speed (Approach Power/Clean)||122 Kts|
|Stall Speed (Approach Power/Full Flaps & Slats)||105 Kts|
|Maximum sustained climb rate||9,000 ft/min|
|Time to climb to 20,000 ft||2.5 minutes|
|Range (with Under Wing Tanks):||971 Nautical Miles|
|Endurance (with Aero 1-D wing tanks)||4 Hours|
|Takeoff distance over 50 ft obstacle||2,275 ft|
|Landing Ground Roll.||4,625 ft|
|Maximum Altitude||65,000 ft|
|Wing Span||27' 6"|
|Wing Area||260 sq ft|